90 million Americans and up to 40% of a workforce are directly affected by secondhand drinking (SHD).
In 2015, Quick Series® Publishing, who primarily serves the Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Government, Corrections, EMS & Fire and Public Health sectors, released its Secondhand Drinking Pocket Guide written by Lisa Frederiksen, founder of SHD Prevention and BreakingTheCycles.com.
- SHD defined
- Brain networks and their connection to SHD
- Direct and indirect SHD
- How to protect yourself from the impacts of SHD
Who’s Buying Secondhand Drinking Pocket Guides?
The following list represents a sampling of purchasers of the Secondhand Drinking Pocket Guides:
- U.S. Military Academy West Point – Army Substance Abuse Program (ASAP)
- U.S. Army Joint Base, Ft. Myer, VA – Army Substance Abuse Program (ASAP)
- U.S. Army Ft. Lee (ASAP)
- U.S. Army Ft. Meade (ASAP)
- U.S. Army Ft. Drum (ASAP)
- U.S. Army Ft. Tobyhanna (ASAP)
- U.S. Army Carlisle Barracks (ASAP)
- U.S. Army White Sands Missile Range, NM (ASAP)
- U.S. Army Air Guard, Wiesbaden, Germany (ASAP)
- U.S. Marines MCCS (Marine Corps Community Services) Barstow
- U.S. National Forests’ Health & Safety Offices:
- Six Rivers
- U.S.F.S. – Washington Office
- U.S.F.S. – Region 5 Office
- U.S. Coast Guard – Clinic
- Alaskan County – Integrated Behavioral Health Agency
- Cape Breton University (Nova Scotia) – University Health & Counseling Office
- Iowa Air National Guard – Airman & Family Readiness
- Massachusetts Army National Guard
- Massachusetts Air National Guard
- Merced County (CA) Behavioral Health and Recovery Services | Mental Health Services
Why Bring Secondhand Drinking Pocket Guides Into the Workplace?
People don’t set out to cause secondhand drinking or to cope with it in harmful ways. By sharing these pocket guides, companies, public agencies, hospitals, labor unions, colleges, nonprofits and similar groups share with their employees, students, members and constituents the key information that has long been missing to empower individuals to self-elect change, whether they are the person causing SHD or the one coping with it.
To learn more about and/or to order the Quick Series® Pocket Guide, Secondhand Drinking, click here – quantity order discounts apply.
To incorporate Secondhand Drinking Prevention training as part of your employee wellness, health & safety information and training or mission readiness programs, Contact Lisa for more information.